Aluminium shutters, also called aluminum blinds, or outdoor plantation shutters, are a ventilative, rainproof and decorative product made from aluminium strips. They are mostly used for hanging windows on exterior walls. This not only provides light and heat insulation, but also provides good breathability. It has the characteristics of light weight, no rust, good corrosion resistance and long service life. Because aluminum shutters are not expensive, they are more commonly used in European and American countries and are a typical representative of European and American architectural decoration styles.
Development History Of Aluminum Shutters:
Late 19th century: Discovery and early applications of aluminum
In 1825, Danish physicist Hans Christian Oersted successfully isolated aluminum for the first time.
In 1854, French chemist Henri Sainte-Claire Deville developed an aluminum smelting method that reduced the cost of manufacturing aluminum.
In 1886, American chemist Charles Martin Hall and French chemist Paul Louis Toussaint Héroult independently invented the electrolysis method, making the large-scale production of aluminum possible.
Early 20th Century: The Beginnings of Aluminum Shutters
Aluminum shutters exterior began to be used in industrial buildings in the United States and Europe in the early 1900s, and were widely used in factories, warehouses, and commercial buildings.
Mid-20th century: Industrial production and widespread application
In the 1950s, the production of aluminum window shutters were further improved and made more affordable, allowing them to gradually enter the residential building market and become a common window decoration option.
Late 20th Century to Present: Technological Innovation And Sustainability
In the early 2000s, some alluminum shutters were equipped with automation and remote control systems, providing greater convenience. The sustainability of aluminium security shutters are gaining more and more attention, helping to reduce resource waste and environmental burden.
Benefits Of Aluminium Shutters:
Light weight and high strength: Aluminium strip materials have high bending strength. The doors and windows made are lightweight, durable and have little deformation.
Beautiful appearance: Aluminum alloy surfaces can appear in various colors after coating treatment.
Good sealing: The blades of aluminium window shutters exterior are closely arranged without obvious gaps. Generally, sealing strips or glue seals are used to enhance the sealing effect.
Strong corrosion resistance: Aluminum alloy coating generally does not fade, does not fall off, is not easy to be altered, is easy to maintain, and is easy to repair.
Functions Of Aluminum Shutters:
Ventilation: Improve the air quality inside the building.
Rainproof: Prevent rainwater from flowing into the room.
Heat dissipation: Used for heat dissipation of outdoor units of air conditioners or some equipment.
Daylighting: Provide appropriate light inside the building.
Types Of Aluminum Blinds:
1. Classification by function
Aluminum shutters can be divided into ventilation aluminum shutters, rainproof aluminum alloy blinds, heat dissipation aluminum blinds, decorative aluminum blinds, etc. according to their functions.
2. Classification by style
Aluminium shutters can be divided into two types according to style classification: standard aluminum alloy shutters and irregular aluminium shutters. Irregular aluminum alloy shutters can be divided into I-shaped aluminium blinds, L-shaped aluminum shutters, and U-shaped aluminum blinds. Alloy shutters and polygonal aluminum alloy shutters, etc.
3. Classification by fixed form
Aluminum blinds can be divided into fixed blinds and openable blinds according to their fixed form.
4. Classification by blade direction
Aluminium shutters can be divided into horizontal alluminum shutters and vertical aluminium shutters according to the blade direction.
5. Classification by number of leaves
Aluminum blinds can be divided into single-layer aluminum shutters exterior and double-layer aluminium shutters according to the number of blades.
6. Classification by application
Aluminum shutters can be divided into architectural aluminium blinds, civil alluminum shutters, industrial aluminium shutters, etc. according to their application fields.
How to Install Aluminium Blinds?
Preparation: Prepare installation tools such as screwdrivers, electric drills, levels, measuring tools, bolts, etc.
Cleaning and Inspection: Clean the window frame area at the installation location and carefully check that the window frame is strong, straight and suitable for installing aluminum blinds.
Position and measure: Determine where the blinds will be installed and measure the dimensions of the window frame using a level and measuring tools.
Install the slide rails and supports: According to the design of the blinds, use screws and bolts to secure the slide rails and supports to ensure they are secure.
Install the louver strips: Insert the aluminum louver strips into the slide rails, making sure they are aligned and parallel. Adjust the position and angle of the louver strips as needed to achieve the desired shading and ventilation effects.
Install operating components: Install and connect the operating components of the blinds, such as rockers or wire controls.
Adjustment and Testing: Once installation is complete, carefully inspect the installation of the blinds. Adjust the louver strips and operating parts to ensure they function properly. Each louver strip should be able to move smoothly and stay at the desired angle.
Advantages Of Yongsheng Aluminium Shutter Strip:
Yongsheng has rich experience in producing aluminum strips for blinds, and 5052 colored aluminum strips have excellent performance. We provide high-quality aluminum strip production, delivery, and after-sales service experience, and have won unanimous praise from customers around the world. Other alloys such as 3003 aluminum, 3005 aluminum, 3105 aluminum, 5182 aluminum, etc. are all hot-selling products for shutter aluminum strips. Commonly used aluminum alloy tempers are H18, H19, and H48.
1. There are no defects such as color difference, cracks, corrosion, unevenness, peeling, perforations, bubbles, pressure wounds, scratches, metal and non-metal indentations, marks, pine branches, straightening roller marks, etc. on the surface.
2. The end face of the aluminum strip is neat, the tower shape is no more than 2 mm, and the staggered layer is no more than 1 mm.
3. There are no cracks, burrs, folds, edge deformations or waves that affect the paint when cutting aluminum strips.
4. There are no joints in the aluminium plantation shutters.
5. Aluminum strips produced in the same batch have the same color without obvious color difference.
Aluminium Shutter Production Process:
- Cutting the aluminum strip: The factory will first cut the aluminum strip according to the size required by the design.
- Stamping and forming: The cut aluminum strip enters the stamping workshop. Here, stamping dies are used to punch aluminum strips into specific shapes, such as slats, connecting rods and fasteners for louvers. The stamping process uses mechanical force to process the aluminum strip into the desired shape.
- Surface treatment: After stamping is completed, the aluminum strip will next undergo surface treatment. Usually includes processes such as cleaning, pickling, anodizing or spraying. To enhance the corrosion resistance, surface smoothness and appearance quality of the aluminum strip.
- Assembly: The surface-treated aluminum strips are moved to the assembly workshop. Workers assemble the stamped segments and fittings together to form the structure of the aluminum blinds. The assembly process includes installing slide rails, rotating shafts, connectors, fixings, and equipping with related operating parts, such as rockers or electric controls, to achieve the opening and closing functions.
- Quality Inspection: After assembly, aluminum shutters undergo strict quality inspection. Quality inspectors will check the dimensional accuracy, structural stability, surface quality and functional performance of aluminum shutters. If any issues or defects are found, they will be repaired or remade.
- Packaging and Distribution: Aluminum blinds that pass quality inspection will be packaged and prepared to leave the factory. The blinds are then shipped to the seller, dealer or customer’s destination.
How To Clean Aluminum Shutter?
Start by gently removing dust, debris, and cobwebs from the surface of the blinds using a soft-bristled brush or vacuum cleaner. Prepare a bucket with warm water, add an appropriate amount of neutral detergent such as dish soap or neutral detergent, and mix thoroughly. Then use a soft sponge or soft cloth dipped in the detergent-water solution and gently wipe the surface of each curtain panel. As for the shutter frame, it is recommended to use a damp sponge or soft cloth with a detergent-water solution to wipe the frame and connecting parts of the shutter. Finally, rinse the blinds and window frames with clean water to ensure that the detergent residue is fully rinsed away. Then use a clean soft cloth to dry the aluminum surface to avoid leaving water stains and marks, and avoid oxidation and corrosion of aluminum blinds.
Which is better aluminum or PVC shutters?
Aluminum shutters are waterproof and corrosion-resistant, suitable for a variety of decoration styles, with good light-shielding and concealment properties. They are a relatively mainstream shutter material and are suitable for humid environments such as bathrooms. They are the most commonly used type of shutters. PVC is a plastic material blinds. The price is cheap. If you have a limited budget and like blinds, you can consider this type of material.
Do aluminium shutters get hot?
Yes, aluminium shutters will heat up when exposed to direct sunlight or high temperatures. Aluminium itself is a thermally conductive metal that can absorb and transfer heat from the surrounding environment. When installed on windows and doors, aluminum blinds absorb solar radiation and feel hot to the touch.
Are aluminium shutters expensive?
The cost of aluminum shutters may vary depending on factors such as size, design, quality and installation requirements. Generally speaking, aluminium shutters tend to be more expensive compared to other types of window coverings such as blinds or curtains. This is because aluminum blinds are durable, stylish and can withstand extremely humid or corrosive environments.