What Is A 5182 Aluminum Sheet？
5182 aluminium sheet’s nominal composition is A1-5Mg-0.4Mn, and its main reinforcing phase is β-phase MgsAl, which belongs to the aluminium alloys that cannot be strengthened by heat treatment. The alloy has good corrosion resistance, processing performance and welding performance, is widely used in the processing of can lids, automobile body panels, manipulation discs, reinforcement and brackets and other parts. The modern packaging of aluminium cans, the can body is usually used Al-Mn alloy 3004 aluminum, in order to obtain better deep-drawn performance and strength, while the lid and pull ring requires high strength, the use of aluminium-magnesium alloy 5081, 5082 or 5182.
Processing Performance Of 5182 Aluminum Sheet
- Strength and ductility: 5182 aluminium sheet has high strength and good ductility, which enables it to maintain good stability and durability during processing.
- Plasticity: 5182 aluminium sheet has good plasticity, which makes it easy to carry out cold and hot working of various shapes, such as stretching, bending, deep drawing and forging. It can be pressure-machined and hot-machined to create complex parts and assemblies.
- Welding properties: 5182 aluminium sheet has good welding performance and can be welded using common welding methods such as argon arc welding, resistance welding and laser welding. The welded joints are strong and have good sealing properties.
- Corrosion resistance: 5182 aluminium sheet has good corrosion resistance, especially to salt spray and corrosion in atmospheric environments. This makes it widely used in marine environments and automotive manufacturing, among other fields.
- Heat treatment properties: 5182 aluminium sheet can be heat treated to improve its mechanical properties. Appropriate heat treatment can increase its strength and hardness while maintaining good plasticity.
5182 Aluminum Sheet Properties
|Alloy||5182 aluminum sheet|
|Length||Any length, according to the transportation, usually less than 12m.|
|Standards||ASTM-B209, EN573-1, GB/T3880.1-2006, GB/T 24001-2016, GB/T 19001-2016|
|Surface treatment||Mill finish, coated, anodized, mirror, embossed, checkered, etc.|
5182 Aluminum Sheet Composition
5182 Aluminum Sheet Mechanical Properties
5182 Aluminum Sheet Physical Properties
- Density: 2.68 g/cm3 (0.097 lb/in3)
- Melting point: 595°C (1103°F)
- Thermal Expansion: 23.4 x 10^-6/°C (12.9 x 10^-6/°F).
- Elastic modulus: 71 GPa (10.3 x 10^6 psi).
- Thermal Conductivity: 127 W/m K (74 BTU in/(hr ft² °F)).
- Conductivity: 34% IACS (International Annealed Copper Standard).
5182 Aluminum Sheet Price
1. The price of aluminum ingot affects the price of 5182 aluminum sheet alloy. Generally, the price of aluminum plate manufacturers is the price of aluminum ingots plus processing fees. The price of aluminum ingots changes every day, and the price of 5182 aluminum plates is not fixed.
2. The quality of 5182 aluminum sheet affects the price. As long as the quality of 5182 aluminum plate is good, the price of 5182 aluminum plate is generally around the average market price. The cost price of this type of aluminum sheet plate is relatively close, so there will be no ultra-low price in the market quotation. If we want to wholesale and cooperate directly with manufacturers, then it is naturally cheaper to enjoy the market ex-factory price. However, if the quality is slightly poor, or the materials used are average, the price of 5182 aluminum alloy seems to be lower, but the actual use effect will be affected. It is recommended that you consider it carefully.
3. The impact of the quantity of 5182 aluminum sheet alloy on the price. The quantity of wholesale 5182 aluminum sheets will also have an impact on the product price. Manufacturers will have a requirement for the wholesale quantity. If the wholesale quantity is larger, the price of 5182 aluminum sheets will definitely be more favorable.
5182 Aluminum Sheet Applications
- Automotive field. 5182 aluminum sheet can be used to manufacture automobile body panels, automobile fuel tanks, tanker etc., and its density is small, which meets the production needs of automobile lightweight. The 5182 aluminum plate of Yongsheng Aluminum has passed the certification of the automotive aluminum quality management system. The quality meets the requirements of various national indicators, and the original factory warranty is provided. The quality is reliable and you can purchase with confidence.
2. Ship field. 5182 aluminum alloy plate is a typical anti-rust aluminum plate, which can be used for the outer plate and deck of the ship’s side and bottom. It has outstanding anti-rust effect, good plasticity, durability, and can adapt to the harsh marine environment.
3. Electrical shell. The 5182 aluminum alloy casing is more textured than the plastic casing, and is lightweight, and a dense aluminum oxide film is formed on the surface to prevent further oxidation. In addition, the aluminum alloy shell has high strength, good plasticity, high recovery rate, safety and environmental protection.
4. Ring-pull cans. The 5182 aluminum sheet used for the pull ring of pop cans produced by Yongsheng Aluminum has high flatness, good plate shape, easy processing, stable performance, economical and environmental protection.
Advantages Of Yongsheng 5182 Aluminum Sheet:
1. There is no peeling, air bubbles, surface roughness and local mechanical damage on the surface, and there is no defect on the surface of the aluminum plate;
2. Good corrosion resistance, good cold workability, and medium strength;
3. The welding performance of gas welding, argon arc welding, spot welding and seam welding is very good.