Electronic Aluminum Foil
What Is Electronic Aluminum Foil?
Electronic aluminum foil is a kind of aluminum foil processed by a series of rolling, cleaning and cutting processes of high-purity aluminum ingots. It is a key raw material for the production of aluminum electrolytic capacitors. After the aluminum material is processed into foil, the electronic aluminum foil undergoes surface corrosion treatment and re-oxidation treatment, and then is wound to make a capacitor. The aluminum foil before corrosion is called light foil, the aluminum foil after corrosion is called corrosion foil, and the aluminum foil after re-oxidation is called finished foil.
Electronic Aluminum Foil Production Process:
Electronic aluminum foil is high-purity aluminum foil, which is made from refined aluminum (high-purity aluminum) aluminum ingots that are hot-rolled into aluminum sheets, and then further cold-rolled and annealed. The specific production process of electronic aluminum foil includes: casting – soaking – hot rolling – pre-annealing – cold rolling – intermediate annealing – cold rolling – foil rolling – slitting – performance testing – packaging.
Electronic Aluminum Foil
|Generally 0.02mm-0.055mm, other thicknesses can be customized by contacting us.|
Classification of Electronic Aluminum Foil:
- High-purity electronic aluminum foil: High-purity electronic aluminum foil refers to its aluminum alloy composition with extremely high purity, which usually requires an aluminum content of more than 99.9%. This aluminum foil is mainly used to manufacture high-performance electronic devices such as capacitors and electrolytic capacitors.
- Aluminum foil for electrolytic capacitors: This type of aluminum foil is specially designed for the manufacture of electrolytic capacitors and has high electrical conductivity, low resistance and large surface area to increase the performance of the capacitor.
- Aluminum foil for batteries: Aluminum foil for batteries is used in the manufacture of battery types such as lithium batteries and nickel-metal hydride batteries. It usually requires high purity, good electrical conductivity and chemical stability to ensure battery performance and safety.
- Aluminum foil for shielding: This aluminum foil is used for shielding electronic products to prevent electromagnetic interference and the effects of external noise. It usually has a layer of insulating material, such as Mylar, to provide electromagnetic isolation.
- Aluminum foil for packaging: Aluminum foil used for semiconductor packaging usually needs to have good thermal conductivity to help dissipate heat, and also needs to have a certain degree of electrical insulation.
- Aluminum foil for film capacitors: This aluminum foil is used to make film capacitors and requires a smooth, thin and uniform surface to ensure the performance of the film capacitor.
- Aluminum foil for flexible electronics: used in the manufacturing of flexible electronic products, such as flexible circuit boards, smart labels, etc. This kind of aluminum foil is usually required to have high flexibility and bendability to meet the application needs of flexible electronics.
- Aluminum foil for conductive layer: Aluminum foil used in the manufacture of electronic screens such as liquid crystal displays (LCDs) usually requires high conductivity and high flatness to ensure the performance of the display.
10 Tips for Purchasing Electronic Aluminum Foil:
- Application requirements: First, clarify the specific application requirements of your electronic devices, including capacitors, batteries, packaging, shielding, flexible electronics, etc. Different applications require different types of electronic aluminum foil.
- Purity Requirements: Determine the required purity of electronic aluminum foil based on the requirements of the application. High-purity aluminum foil is commonly used in capacitors and batteries to reduce the impact of impurities on performance.
- Conductivity Requirements: For applications requiring high conductivity, such as electrolytic capacitors, it is important to select electronic aluminum foil with good conductivity.
- Surface treatment: The surface treatment of electronic aluminum foil is also important. Some applications may require electronic aluminum foil with anodization, chemical polishing, or other surface treatments to achieve the desired surface characteristics.
- Thickness and Dimensions: Determine the thickness and dimensions of electronic foil required to meet design specifications and requirements. Different applications may require different thicknesses and sizes of aluminum foil.
- Chemical stability: If your electronic devices will face chemical corrosion or special environmental conditions, it is important to choose electronic aluminum foil with good chemical stability.
- Cost considerations: Consider budget constraints when choosing the right electronic foil. Prices for different types of electronic aluminum foil may vary.
- Manufacturer reputation: Choose a well-known and reputable manufacturer to ensure the quality and reliability of the electronic aluminum foil you purchase.
- Comply with Standards and Regulations: Ensure the electronic foil selected meets applicable standards and industry regulations to ensure electronic device compliance.
- Technical support and service: Find out if the manufacturer offers technical support and after-sales service so you can get help and support when you need it.
Product & Packaging Photos
Why Choose Us
Yongsheng Aluminum is a leading aluminum products manufacturer&supplier in China with 25 years of export experience. Our outstanding product quality, price, and always on-time delivery has won us many long term partners and gained a great reputation worldwide. We provide one-stop product solution for both CC&DC aluminum products.